It's been a long time coming. My son Alex helped me nurse the seedlings 2 years ago from seeds and look what we discovered this fall. One large Papaya and several babies. All of the 4-6 ft trees are still blooming like crazy and it's almost December! This makes me very happy because all my tomato plants fried this summer and harvest was pitiful. We had to buy tomatoes for Salsa this year.
There will be papaya sauce!
Scallops with Spicy Papaya Sauce
- 1 small papaya - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops
In a medium bowl, combine papaya, red pepper, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cilantro. Set aside.
Combine flour, black pepper in a sealable bag. Add scallops, and shake to coat.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook and stir until golden. Serve scallops over papaya sauce.